These handmade gold and ruby earrings have been made using the finest quality Malawi rubies and 18ct Gold.
The designs that form the Hubble collection are inspired by the wonder of what’s out there. I have taken inspiration from the twinkling unknown. I also found myself very excited by the organic molten shapes and textures that form when casting jewellery in sand.
- By hand by Lily using traditional wax carving and sand casting techniques.
- I melt the gold in my kiln and pour it in to the mould. The molten metal sets the stones into place.
- Pink rubies from Malawi. These gemstones have been set irreverently in reverse.
- These earrings have been made from 100% Recycled Gold as standard.
- The outside diameter of each earring measures just over 10mm
- The inside diameter of each earring measures 3.5mm
- Each earring is approx 3.1mm thick at the widest part when measuring from front to back
- 18ct stud wires
- 18ct scrolls
- Each earring including the butterfly weighs approx 2.3 grams.
- These earrings will be made especially for you. The finished piece will therefore vary ever so slightly from the one pictured. This means that you will be buying something unique.
If lovingly cared for, these earrings will last forever. For care information please click here.
- The recycled gold used to create these earrings has been refined back to its pure form and re-alloyed before use. It has the exact same chemical properties as “fresh metal” however it contains no newly mined material.
- Fairtrade Gold is also available upon request.
- There is always more to be done! If you have a suggestion about how this item could be more sustainable, please drop me a line!
As this item will be made especially for you, please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery. If this is not fast enough please get in touch and we will see what we can do. For more information on delivery, please click here.
I regret that earrings are not currently refundable for hygene reasons. For more information on returns, please click here.
Please do not hesitate to drop us a line if you have any further queries. For contact info please click here.